Colorado is home to some of the most stunning natural wonders in the world, and its waterfalls are no exception.
From the majestic Bridal Veil Falls to the lesser-known treasures like Rifle Falls, there is no shortage of awe-inspiring waterfalls to explore in Colorado.
Here is our list of the 7 best waterfalls in Colorado:
- Bridal Veil Falls Located in Telluride, Bridal Veil Falls is Colorado’s tallest free-falling waterfall, standing at 365 feet tall. It is easily accessible from downtown Telluride and is a popular spot for hikers, photographers, and nature lovers. The hike to the base of the falls is a moderate 4-mile round trip, but the views are well worth the effort.
- Rifle Falls Located near the town of Rifle, Rifle Falls is a hidden gem tucked away in a lush green oasis. This triple waterfall cascades down a limestone cliff and is surrounded by towering trees and verdant foliage. The park offers several hiking trails, picnic areas, and campsites, making it a great destination for a day trip or a weekend getaway.
- Fish Creek Falls Located just outside of Steamboat Springs, Fish Creek Falls is a must-see for anyone visiting the area. The waterfall cascades down a series of rocky cliffs, creating a stunning display of rushing water and mist. The trail to the falls is a moderate 2.5-mile round trip hike, but the views are breathtaking.
- Seven Falls Located in Colorado Springs, Seven Falls is a series of seven cascading waterfalls that tumble down a narrow canyon. The falls are illuminated at night, creating a magical and romantic atmosphere. Visitors can take a scenic tram ride or hike up the 224 steps to the top of the falls for panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
- North Clear Creek Falls Located near Creede, North Clear Creek Falls is a picturesque waterfall that drops 100 feet into a rocky canyon. The falls are easily accessible from a viewing platform, making it a great spot for photographers looking to capture the beauty of the falls and the surrounding landscape.
- Zapata Falls Located near the Great Sand Dunes National Park, Zapata Falls is a hidden gem that is well worth the drive. The waterfall is tucked away in a narrow canyon and can only be accessed by a short hike through a rocky creek bed. The falls are particularly stunning in the winter when the water freezes and creates a stunning ice sculpture.
- Cascade Falls Located near Ouray, Cascade Falls is a stunning waterfall that can be seen from several vantage points along the trail. The falls cascade down a series of rocky cliffs and are surrounded by lush greenery and towering trees. The hike to the falls is a moderate 2-mile round trip, but the views are well worth the effort.
Colorado is home to some of the most breathtaking waterfalls in the world. Whether you’re a seasoned hiker or just looking for a scenic drive, these waterfalls are sure to leave you in awe. So pack your camera, lace up your hiking boots, and hit the road to explore these stunning natural wonders.