Purgatory Ski Resort, also known as Durango Mountain Resort, is a popular ski destination located in the San Juan Mountains near Durango, Colorado.
Here’s everything we know about Purgatory Ski Resort:
- Location: Purgatory Ski Resort is situated about 25 miles (40 kilometers) north of the city of Durango in southwestern Colorado. It is easily accessible by car, and the drive to the resort offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Terrain: Purgatory offers 1,605 skiable acres (650 hectares) of terrain, providing a diverse range of runs suitable for all skill levels. The resort features a mix of beginner, intermediate, and advanced slopes, as well as challenging glades and open bowls for expert skiers and snowboarders.
- Ownership: As of my last update, Purgatory Resort was part of the Power Pass, a multi-resort ski pass owned and operated by Power Corporation. The Power Pass provides access to several ski resorts in the United States.
- Ski and Snowboard School: Purgatory has a ski and snowboard school that offers lessons for all ages and abilities. Whether you’re a first-time skier or looking to improve your skills, the resort provides professional instruction.
- Durango: The nearby city of Durango offers a vibrant and historic downtown with a variety of restaurants, shops, and cultural attractions. Visitors to Purgatory Resort often take the opportunity to explore Durango and its surrounding area.
- Summer Activities: In addition to skiing and snowboarding in the winter, Purgatory Resort offers various summer activities, including mountain biking, hiking, alpine slide rides, and scenic chairlift rides.
- Lodging and Amenities: Purgatory offers a range of lodging options, including hotels, condos, and vacation rentals. The resort also has dining facilities, retail shops, equipment rentals, and other amenities to make the visitor’s experience comfortable and enjoyable.
- Terrain Parks: Purgatory has terrain parks and features designed for freestyle skiers and snowboarders, catering to riders of all skill levels.
- Nordic Center: The resort has a Nordic Center that provides cross-country skiing and snowshoeing opportunities.
Please note that details about ski resorts can change over time, including ownership, amenities, and other information.
For the most up-to-date information about Purgatory Ski Resort, including lift ticket prices, trail maps, and events, we recommend checking their official website or contacting the resort directly.