Visit Silverton, Colorado
This is a tiny town with a population just under 1000 inhabitants – but don’t let the size fool you! Silverton, CO, is packed with things to do (it is a tourist town), and hopefully, you get to spend more than one day there! However, we have compiled a list of the best things to do in Silverton if you are just passing through for the day. This beautiful town is rich in history, full of adventures, and maintains the charm and aesthetic of an old-school Wild West mining town.
Here are a few ideas:
- Take a ride on the Durango-Silverton Steam Train
- Take a drive on Colorado’s famous Million Dollar Highway
- Get your own old tyme photos done by Professor Shutterbugs
- Grub out on some delicious BBQ or Rocky Mountain Oysters
- Check out the Christ of Mines Shrine
- Take a hike on the Ice Lake Trail
- Visit the Abandoned Animas Forks Ghost Town
From a scenic train ride to old tyme pictures and grubbing out on some of the best food in the South Western side of Colorado, this small town is packed with amazing things to do that will only take you a day to get through. And luckily, if you are only cramped for a one-day visit, you will more than likely get everything done on your Silverton bucket list, as the town is so small. This is a humbling place to visit with gorgeous views as well as a high altitude to change your perspective on the world.