5 Things You Should Know About Bennett, Colorado
Bennett, Colorado is a small town with a lot to offer. From its rich history to its beautiful landscapes, there’s something for everyone in Bennett. Here are 5 things you should know about this charming town.
1. Bennett was founded in 1889 as a stop on the Denver, South Park, and Pacific Railroad.
2. The town was named after Alonzo P. Bennett, the surveyor who laid out the townsite.
3. Bennett is home to the oldest continuously operated hotel in Colorado, the Elk Mountain Hotel.
4. The town is situated on the banks of the South Platte River, which offers superb fishing and camping opportunities.
5. Bennett is within easy driving distance of Denver, making it the perfect place to enjoy all that Colorado has to offer without the hustle and bustle of city life.
Whether you’re looking for a place to relax and enjoy the outdoors or you’re interested in exploring Colorado’s rich history, Bennett is the perfect place for you. So come on down and see what this charming town has to offer!