Arapahoe County, Colorado, United States is the location of the city of Centennial, which is a home rule municipality. At the time of the United States Census in 2020, the population of the city was 108,418. This placed Centennial as the 11th most populated municipality in the state of Colorado. The Denver–Aurora–Lakewood, Colorado Metropolitan Statistical Area and the Front Range Urban Corridor both include Centennial as one of their constituent communities.
On February 7, 2001, portions of unincorporated Arapahoe County were combined to establish the new city of Centennial. These combined areas included the previous census-designated places (CDPs) of Castlewood and Southglenn. On September 12, 2000, local residents chose to incorporate the region, and during that vote, they selected Centennial as the official name for the new municipality. The year 1876, which was the centenary of the United States Declaration of Independence, was the year when Colorado was admitted to the Union as the 38th state. The name of the state was chosen to represent this fact.
The city of Centennial has a robust economy and is growing at a rapid rate. Arrow Electronics, the state’s most successful business, makes its home in this city, which serves as the location of its headquarters. Ball Aerospace, Level 3 Communications, and the United States Air Force Academy are a few examples of other important employers in the Centennial area.
Another fantastic neighborhood to call home is Centennial. The city is home to a lot of parks and recreation facilities, in addition to having a school system that is regarded rather highly. The crime rate in Centennial is lower than the average for the country, making it one of the safest cities in the country.
The following are some of the reasons why Centennial is so well-known:
- The Streets at SouthGlenn is a well-known shopping and dining venue in the area.
- The Centennial Airport is the third busiest airport in the country that is not served by a commercial airline.
- One of the most prestigious military institutions in the world is the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, United States.
- A favorite spot for hiking, camping, and other types of outdoor activity is the Cherry Creek State Park.
Centennial is a wonderful community in which to reside, find employment, and bring up a family. Centennial is an excellent option to consider if you are searching for a town that is secure, full of life, and has a robust economy.
Additional information regarding the Centennial can be found as follows:
- Over one hundred parks and other open areas can be found inside the city.
- The typical temperature in Centennial, Colorado, ranges from around 30 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter to about 85 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer, making it a pleasant place to live year-round.
- The city is located just south of Denver, and it is simple to get there by bus, car, or train thanks to its convenient location.
- People come from a variety of countries, making Centennial a multicultural city with a population that reflects this diversity.
If you are thinking about making Centennial your new home, I strongly suggest that you investigate the area and pay a visit there before making a final decision. I have no doubt that the things that Centennial has to offer will leave you impressed.