10 Fun Facts About Beaver Creek, Colorado
Beaver Creek is a world-renowned ski resort in Colorado that attracts visitors from all over the globe. But there’s more to Beaver Creek than just skiing and snowboarding. Here are 10 fun facts about this unique town that you may not know.
1. Beaver Creek was originally named Beaver Park.
2. The first lift-served ski run in Beaver Creek opened in 1980.
3. In 1981, the World Alpine Ski Championships were held in Beaver Creek.
4. Every year, Beaver Creek hosts the Birds of Prey World Cup, which is a series of men’s alpine skiing races.
5. Beaver Creek is home to the only condominium-style hotel in the Vail Valley, called Charter at Beaver Creek.
6. There are three golf courses in Beaver Creek: Red Sky Golf Club, Arrowhead at Vail, and Bachelor Gulch Clubhouse & Golf Course.
7. The town of Avon, Colorado is located just down the road from Beaver Creek.
8. The closest airport to Beaver Creek is Eagle County Regional Airport (ECR), which is about 40 minutes away by car.
9. Denver International Airport (DEN) is about 2 hours away from Beaver Creek by car.
10. The population of Beaver Creek is approximately 1,760 people.
Beaver Creek is a beautiful town with a lot to offer visitors all year round—not just during ski season! Whether you’re interested in golfing, hiking, or simply taking in the stunning views, Beaver Creek should definitely be on your list of places to visit soon.