Relax and Unwind in Style at Flights Wine and Coffee Cafe

Relax and Unwind in Style at Flights Wine and Coffee Cafe 1
Flights Wine Cafe Morrison Colorado

Bars aren’t for everyone.  Given, they are a place for people to meet and mix and mingle, but they don’t always fit the bill.  For those on their Colorado vacation that desire something a little more refined and cultural, there is the Flights Wine & Coffee Café.  Serving visitors and residents of Morrison with a wide selection of wines from around the world, this wine and coffee café offers people a place to relax and unwind in style.

Leather Seating Area Flights
Enjoy your wine indoors in the leather seating area if the weather doesn’t allow you to sit on the outdoor patio.

A Little History

Did you ever have an idea or a passion that you wish you had the time to make a reality?  Donn and Marcia Bruns had such a wish, a wish that when the opportunity arose manifested itself in the form of Flight Wine & Coffee Café.

After 33 years in the business world, Donn scoured Colorado looking for the perfect location for his café.  With wife Marcia, a professional interior designer, they finally decided on Morrison for their new home.

Combining their specialties and talents, they realized their dream and are more than eager to share their passion with you on your Colorado vacation.  Here you can unwind in style out by the fire pit on the patio or inside on their leather couches next to the fireplace.

The Wine List & Nosh

For any wine enthusiast, Flights Wine Café should definitely be on the list of places to stop during your Colorado vacation, whether you’re staying in Morrison or just passing through.

Wine Bar Flights
Flights carries over 100 bottles of wine, with 35 of them available each day and new flight combinations every week.

The wine café has a wide selection of imported and local wines, both red and white, to choose from.  In fact, the café carries over 100 bottles of wine, with 35 available daily. To break it down further, the café imports 65% of their wine with the other 35% being local or domestic.

As the name of the café implies, they also serve six different flight combinations that change weekly. Such combinations include their Fruit Flight, which includes the Sparkling Italian Prosecco , the Spanish White Borsao via Macabeo, and Two Rivers Riesling, a local Colorado wine.

Since drinking on an empty stomach is never a good idea, the café offers a selection of light eats and tapas pairings.  Visitors to Morrison will find the menu includes cheese plates which are customized to fit the flights of wine to be served, antipasti plates of assorted Italian meats, cheeses, olives, and breads, and other small nosh items.

If You Go

For more information on their wine list or to make reservations, visit: http://www.flightswinecafe.com/ or call (303) 697-0492.  Flights is located at 116 Stone Street, Morrison, Colorado.

Evan Witt is an Illinois native with a degree in English Literature from Lake Forest College, and as a frequent visitor to Colorado, he enjoys fishing, camping, hiking, and photography.

Special thanks to Flights Wine Cafe for providing the photos featured in this article!

Read Previous

Enjoy Glenwood Springs Any Time of Year

Read Next

Spend a Rainy Day in a Golden, Colorado Museum

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About Us

goColorado is a lifestyle brand that provides products and services that embody the interests, attitudes and opinions of Colorado enthusiasts through PURE LOCAL ADVENTURE.

Popular Post

Blog

Salida Offers a Package of Surprises

If you enjoy visiting smaller towns, Salida, Colorado, might be the perfect spot for you to enjoy a vacation. The area offers beautiful scenery while you are bordered on all sides by mountains. In 2017…

Blog

Face the Music: Vocal Band Hits the Right Note

Face the Music: Vocal Band Hits the Right Note When you see the all-vocal rock band Face, your first job is to lose all preconceptions of a cappella music. Forget old-time gospel-hour tunes. Ix-nay on…

Blog

National Repertory Orchestra: Making Music in Breckenridge

When Indiana University music major David Waldman heard that his 10-minute private violin audition won him a spot in the National Repertory Orchestra, the first thing he thought was that he wouldn’t have to go…

Newsletter

Categories

GOCOLORADO COPYRIGHT © 2020. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.