Colorado is known for its breathtaking scenery, outdoor activities, and craft beer, but the state also has a thriving business community. Many brands are made in Colorado, and they offer a wide variety of products, from outdoor gear to gourmet foods. These companies take pride in their local roots, and many are committed to sustainability and community involvement. Here are ten Colorado-made brands that you should know about.
- Crocs – Crocs are a globally recognized brand of foam clogs and sandals that were invented in Colorado. The brand was founded in 2002 in Boulder and has since become a beloved footwear choice for people of all ages and lifestyles. Crocs are known for their comfort and durability, and the brand has expanded to include a range of styles and colors beyond their original clog design.
- Celestial Seasonings – Celestial Seasonings is a tea company based in Boulder that has been crafting high-quality teas for over 50 years. The brand is known for its unique and flavorful blends, including their famous Sleepytime tea. Celestial Seasonings also offers tours of their tea factory, which is a popular tourist destination in Boulder.
- OtterBox – OtterBox is a Fort Collins-based company that creates durable phone cases and other protective gear for electronics. The brand is known for its rugged and reliable products that help keep smartphones safe from damage. OtterBox also offers a range of other products, including coolers, drinkware, and more.
- The North Face – The North Face is a global outdoor brand that was founded in San Francisco but has a significant presence in Colorado. The brand is known for its high-quality outdoor clothing, footwear, and equipment that is designed to keep people warm and comfortable in even the harshest conditions. The North Face has a retail store in Denver and is a popular choice for outdoor enthusiasts in Colorado.
- Coors Brewing Company – Coors Brewing Company is a beer brand that was founded in Golden in 1873. The brand is known for its iconic Coors Banquet beer, as well as a range of other popular beers like Coors Light and Blue Moon. The company has a large brewery in Golden that offers tours and tastings to visitors.
- Osprey Packs – Osprey Packs is a backpack and outdoor gear company that was founded in Cortez in 1974. The brand is known for its high-quality backpacks that are designed to be comfortable and durable for outdoor adventures. Osprey Packs also offers a range of other outdoor gear, including sleeping bags, tents, and more.
- GoLite – GoLite is an outdoor clothing and gear brand that was founded in Boulder in 1998. The brand is known for its lightweight and sustainable clothing and gear that is designed for outdoor adventures. GoLite also has a strong commitment to sustainability and eco-friendly practices, making it a popular choice for environmentally-conscious consumers.
- Smartwool – Smartwool is a Merino wool clothing brand that was founded in Steamboat Springs in 1994. The brand is known for its high-quality wool socks and apparel that are designed to keep people warm and comfortable in cold weather. Smartwool also offers a range of other products, including hats, gloves, and base layers.
- Spyder – Spyder is a ski and snowboard clothing brand that was founded in Boulder in 1978. The brand is known for its high-performance and stylish clothing that is designed for skiing and snowboarding. Spyder offers a range of products for men, women, and children, including jackets, pants, and accessories.
- Yeti Cycles – Yeti Cycles is a mountain bike brand that was founded in Golden in 1985. The brand is known for its high-performance bikes that are designed for rugged terrain and intense mountain biking. Yeti Cycles also has a strong commitment to sustainability and eco-friendly practices, making it a popular choice for environmentally-conscious outdoor enthusiasts.
Colorado-made brands are a testament to the state’s entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to quality products. From high-performance outdoor gear to delicious food and drink, these companies are making a name for themselves both locally and nationally. By supporting Colorado-made brands, you’re not only getting great products, but you’re also supporting the local economy and the community. So next time you’re shopping for outdoor gear, gourmet foods, or anything in between, consider buying from one of these ten Colorado-made brands.