Colorado is a beautiful state with so much to offer visitors all year round. April is a great month to visit the state because the weather is starting to warm up, and there are plenty of exciting things to do. In this post, we will be exploring some of the top things to do in Colorado in April and providing unique reviews for each activity.
- Visit the Denver Botanic Gardens: Located in the heart of Denver, the Botanic Gardens are a must-see for any nature lover. During April, the gardens start to come to life with a variety of spring blooms, including tulips, daffodils, and crocuses. The gardens also offer various events and classes throughout the month, making it a perfect place to spend a relaxing day.
- Attend the Durango Bluegrass Meltdown: Music lovers will enjoy this festival that takes place every April in Durango. The Durango Bluegrass Meltdown features over 20 different bands performing at various venues throughout the city. It’s a fantastic opportunity to listen to some great music and experience the local culture.
- Explore Rocky Mountain National Park: April is a great time to explore Rocky Mountain National Park because the crowds are smaller, and the snow is starting to melt. This means you can see some beautiful waterfalls and wildlife without having to battle the crowds that come later in the summer. The park also offers various guided tours and events, making it a great place to learn more about the area’s history and natural features.
- Visit the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve: If you’re looking for a unique experience, head to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. This park is home to the tallest sand dunes in North America, and April is the perfect time to visit because the weather is mild, and the crowds are still small. You can hike up the dunes, explore the park’s diverse ecosystems, and even go sandboarding.
- Attend the Denver Art Museum: The Denver Art Museum is a great place to spend a rainy April day. The museum features an extensive collection of art from all over the world, including paintings, sculptures, and textiles. The museum also offers various exhibitions and events throughout the month, making it a great place to learn about different cultures and artistic styles.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride: Colorado is known for its stunning natural scenery, and what better way to experience it than from a hot air balloon? April is a great time to take a hot air balloon ride because the weather is mild, and the views are breathtaking. There are various companies that offer hot air balloon rides throughout the state, so you’re sure to find one that suits your needs and budget.
- Explore Mesa Verde National Park: Mesa Verde National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is home to some of the best-preserved Ancestral Puebloan cliff dwellings in the world. April is a great time to visit the park because the crowds are still small, and the weather is mild. You can take a guided tour of the cliff dwellings, hike one of the park’s many trails, or attend one of the park’s cultural events.
- Attend the Colorado Rockies Home Opener: Baseball fans will enjoy attending the Colorado Rockies home opener, which typically takes place in April. The Rockies play at Coors Field in Denver, which is known for its stunning views of the mountains. Even if you’re not a baseball fan, attending a game at Coors Field is a must-do for anyone visiting Colorado.
April is a great month to visit Colorado because there are so many exciting things to do. Whether you’re a nature lover, art enthusiast, or sports fan, there is something for everyone in the state. By visiting some of the locations mentioned