Crested Butte and Mt. Crested Butte are the proud hosts of the world’s oldest mountain bike festival, previously known as Fat Tire Bike Week. There are many options for all levels of riders throughout the long weekend.
• Crested Butte Bike Week launches with a kickoff party at the Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum/Mountain Bike Hall of Fame on June 21.
• The infamous Chainless World Championships on June 22 is always a thrilling scene for riders and spectators followed by the Fat Tire 40 mountain bike race on June 23.
• Those who prefer cross-country or downhill racing can catch some action at the Mountain States Cup Wildflower Rush races on Crested Butte Mountain Resort trails on June 23 – 24.
• If a one-speed cruiser is more your style, join in the fun and fund-raising for the Adaptive Sports Center’s annual Bridges of the Butte townie tour that runs from 3 p.m. on June 23 to 3 p.m. on June 24, with many riding as teams and in costume.
• Alison Gannett’s Keen Rippin Chix Bike Camps will be offered on June 21, 22 and 23.
• Live music is planned for June 22 and possibly June 23, with bands to be announced in the near future.
For information and registration details, contact the Crested Butte-Mt. Crested Butte Chamber of Commerce at (800) 545-4505 or visit www.ftbw.com.