-A celebration of the Green River, this festival features affordable, family-friendly entertainment.
The action-packed festival is a celebration of the Green River, considered an oasis in the “High Desert Country” of southwest Wyoming. Festivities include recurring favorites like the Cajun Shrimp Boil, as well as new activities, vendors and live entertainment. From blues and brews to canines and cars, there is something for everyone.
Friday, August 17:
- 3 p.m. Micro Brew Garden – Tour the garden of micro-brews under the big Corona tent
- 5 p.m. Free Kids Games – Kids go wild when the time-honored festival games.
- 5:30 – 7 p.m. Cajun Shrimp Boil – Guests with an appetite will want to buy their meal in advance ($20 adults, $10 children) at the Green River Chamber, as tickets sell out every year.
- 5:30-10:30 p.m. JUB in Concert – Local band JUB will play through the evening.
- 7 p.m. Great Duck Race – Root on your lucky rubber ducky as she races down the river.
- Nightfall Fireworks – A spectacular show at nightfall will wrap up night one of the festival.
Saturday, August 18:
- 6 a.m. Run with the Horses Marathon – The day starts with a bang as runners take off on the 8th annual marathon, half marathon and 10K.
- 9 a.m. Lucky 13 Horse Poker Run – The name says it all! This race has been going seven years and counting.
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. The Car Show on Evers Park – Cars, trucks or motorcycles, vintage or new, all makes and models are welcome.
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Free Kids Games – There’s a medal ceremony following the games.
- 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Micro Brew Garden – The garden reopens for round two!
- 11 a.m. Dog Fetching Competition – Judges will decide who has the fastest fetcher on water and on land.
- Noon Blind Dog Smokin in Concert – Sing the blues with Blind Dog Smokin.
- 1 p.m. Dog Show – The Red Desert Humane Society provides sensational canine entertainment.
- 3 p.m. Extreme Trail Challenge – The winner of the 4th annual horse and rider obstacle course race gets bragging rights and a spiffy belt buckle.
For more information call the Green Rivers Chamber at 307-875-5711.